My first recipe that I ever shared with my friends still gets cooked and resurfaced at every potluck gathering. So easy is this recipe…
…that people actively volunteer, elbowing each other out
to ensure there contribution to the table is this – tasty, delicious yet ultimately ridiculously easy nourishing soup. This soup is a crowd pleaser and a fallback failsafe recipe for all my vegetarian friends who crave comfort without the carbs so redolent in most vegetarian main meals.
Filled with broccoli – the cheapest super food since the egg– and heart healthy, protein punching cashews, this will see you serving dinner in a flash.
1. 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for an hour
2. Filtered water (enough to blend to the right consistency….I like mine thick so use only ½ cup. Feel free to add more if you want a broth)
3. 2 Small heads of broccoli.
4. 1 tbs unpasteurized Miso, pre dissolved in a ¼ cup of boiling water.
5. Large handful of your favorite herb to blitz through at the end. (Not necessary, but great to add variation and a raw ingredient into the dish)
- Add Water, and brocolli florets (stalk and all) into a large pot and bring to the boil.
- Gently simmer until broccoli is al dente.
- Drain cashews of water and add to the soup, blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Add tablespoon of raw miso and handful of your herbs ( I love basil) and blend until obliterated!
– be warned….this is VERY filing. Bread is completely unnecessary when you have all the fibre from the broccoli and fat from the cashews. Trust me- otherwise you will look 5 months pregnant post consumption.
– I suggest proper quality (raw) miso as it has not been pasteurised and therefore still retains its nutritional value. I have only ever found good quality miso in organic stores.