Ok…so these muffins are my standby and
I love making one big batch of them on Sunday for the week ahead.
Generally they tie me over between lunch and dinner- when I need that little afternoon pick me up but don’t feel like chowing down on a hunk of meat.
– these babies are super transportable –
which is fabulous for those days when you are going to be out all day and food choices are slim to none.
And…if I haven’t had enough fat for the day – I pair this with coconut cinnamon butter which is HEAVENLY.
These muffins are chocolaty satisfying and moistened with the use of carrot puree. You can’t taste the carrots (trust me) but they have that wonderful softness requisite in a perfect muffin morsel. What’s more is that one serving is two muffins. Go ahead- slice one open, smear it with coconut oil and chew slowly.
4 TBS coconut flour
3/4 cup chocolate protein powder
2 tsp orange essence
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
6 egg whites
1 cup carrot puree
¼ cup cocoa powder
stevia to taste [ I used Now Foods Stevia Glycerite ]
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a muffin tray ( I like to use these casings– they don’t cling to your end product and force you to eat the paper)
2. In one bowl mix all your dry ingredients (ergo the flour and the salt and the baking powder)
3. Mix all your wet ingredients in another bowl (do I have to spell it out?)
4. Add bowl number two to bowl number one and stir.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes
..I tend to make variations on this recipe…stay tuned for more flavour combos!